Rise of Flight - Aces Edition (PC)
Shipping Destinations for this item
Sorry, this product is currently unavailable.
Rise of Flight – Aces Edition brings intense WWI aerial-combat to your
computer like never before! Immerse yourself in realistic aerial combat above
The simple handling of these historic aircraft with their basic equipment will challenge pilots with realistic dog-fighting skills without the aid of any fancy technical help or armaments.
Breakneck manoeuvres and real flying skill decide over life and death. How brave are you?
Rise of Flight puts you in the air over the Western Front during the First World War, where brave pilots fought each other for control of the air above the bloody trenches. In aircraft made of canvas and wood they battled to the death. While some survived to become legends and Aces, most met a fiery fate.
The battle takes place on the Western front, on a map of 125,000 square kilometers of French terrain, designed according to the historical maps and information from the war years of 1914-1918.
Each aircraft and the simulation of its respective engine and weapons is modeled in great detail. Furthermore, the game renders damage to the aircraft resulting from airframe stress, battle damage, fire, and collisions.
This simulation features an advanced flight model that simulates the unique handling characteristics of World War I aircraft. It has a detailed and progressive damage model, even tracking the trajectory of every bullet and shell fragment. Aircraft collisions with obstacles (earth or water) are simulated on the basis of collision-physics and hydrodynamics theory. Ballistics of various types are also modeled.
There is multi-layered model of wind and turbulence taking into account the influence of the Earth’s surface. Physical properties of the atmosphere are calculated over a wide altitude range, taking into account temperature and pressure, creating a realistic flying environment for your battle.
In addition to the progressive Dynamic Career Mode, Online Combat allows pilots to engage in massively exciting multi-player combat in what has been hailed as the best WWI combat simulation ever released.
• Fly four famous fighter planes SPAD XIII, Albatros D.Va, Sopwith Camel and
Sopwith Pup – representing notable Aces of the war – Manfred von Richthofen,
Rene Fonk, William Barker and Edwin Dunning.
• Over 20 additional A.I. aircraft included. Fighters, Bombers and Recon planes fill the sky.
• Includes Training, Quick Mission Generator, Single Missions, Online Combat and Dynamic Career mode.
• Highly Detailed Cockpits, Engines, Flight and Physics Models for amazing realism.
• Accurate Weapons and Ballistics with progressive Damage Model for intense dogfights.
• Over 125.000 km² of detailed French terrain has been modelled with seasonal textures.
• Moving Clouds, Weather, Turbulence and Wind create a realistic flying environment.
• Community-forum at www.riseofflight.de with support, FAQs and News.
• Additional Aircraft and Field Modes are available for purchase at www.riseofflight.com