Wii Sports - Selects (Wii)
Shipping Destinations for this item
Sorry, this product is currently unavailable.
Wii Sports offers five distinct sports experiences, each using the Wii Remote to provide a natural, intuitive and realistic feel. Players can use their own Mii™ caricatures in the game and play them against their friends’ Miis for a more personalized experience. As players improve, their Miis’ skill levels will increase, so that they can see exactly how much better they’ve become.
- Tennis (1-4 players): Players grab the Wii Remote like a racket and swing
– the game registers forehands, backhands, volleys, lobs, slices, spin and
power depending on how fast the user swings and at what angle. Don’t worry
about moving around the court to get to the ball – the game automatically
moves players into position.
- Baseball (1-2 players): Players grip the Wii Remote like a bat and swat
fastballs out of the park, or fire a fastball over the plate with a flick of
their wrist. Timing and bat speed will make all the difference between going
yard and whiffing, so keep an eye on the ball and swing for the fences. In
the two-player game, one player pitches and the other bats – all fielding
and running is automatic, so that players can focus on the action.
- Golf (1-4 players): Step up to the tee, hold the Wii Remote like a golf
club and swing naturally to smack the ball onto the green. The harder
players swing the club, the farther the ball will fly. Be careful, though
– if players swing too hard, their ball will fly out of control, so they
should be sure to take some practice swings before going for the pin. After
reaching the green, line up putts carefully, practice the stroke and try to
- Bowling (1-4 players): Players raise the Wii Remote in their hand just
like a bowling ball, and then swing their arms to roll the ball. The speed
of the swing and the angle at which they release the ball affects the
ball’s spin, so it will take some practice to master control over the ball
and knock down the pins.
- Boxing (1-2 players): Using the Nunchuk™ controller as one glove and the Wii Remote as the other, players dodge, weave and punch their opponents. Players hold their hands high to guard their faces or low to block their torsos. They punch high to hit their opponents’ faces or low to get under their guard for a body blow. Swing both arms left or right to sidestep oncoming blows and move into position for a devastating knockout.