- Over 400 interior and exterior custom animations on the DX10-compatible model – with interior self-shadowing. High detail specular and bump maps for every part of the exterior and Virtual Cockpit brings every rivet and surface to life
- Beautiful night lighting textures and effects inside and out – plus the gauge and panel lighting can be independently switched
- High Fidelity sound set from Turbine Sound Studios makes this feel like the real aircraft, even with your eyes shut!
- Flight dynamics tuned and refined with the help of real-world Islander pilots – this baby doesn’t just look right, she flies right too
- Fully-functional Virtual Cockpit with virtually every system and gauge functioning
- Panel shake effect on engine start and take off roll
- BENDIX KING GPS INSIDE!Included is a fully functioning Bendix King KLN 90A GPS unit created by SimAvionics
- PLUS the avionics fitment includes:Century 21 AutoPilot which can follow an FSX loaded flight plan OR a KLN GPS flight plan
- Bendix King KN54 DME
- Bendix King KR87A ADF
- Bendix King KT67A Transponder
- Bendix King KX155 Com/Nav
BN-2 Islander - Add on for FSX (PC CD)
Shipping Destinations for this item
Sorry, this product is currently unavailable.
The BN-2 Islander is a British light utility aircraft, mainline airliner and
cargo aircraft designed and originally manufactured by Britten-Norman of the
United Kingdom. The Islander is one of the best-selling commercial aircraft
types produced in Europe and although designed in the 1960s, over 750 are still
in service with some 50 commercial operators around the world. The aircraft is
also used by the Army and Police forces in the United Kingdom and is a popular
light transport with over 30 military aviation operators.
The Islander’s simple and rugged manufacture makes for daily operation in and out of rough grass and unprepared strips – as short as 300m – in all-weathers. Indeed, its twin-engined reliability, 30kts cross-wind limit and IFR cockpit fitment has seen the Islander operate the only regular daily transport in the Scottish Western Isles in weather that even has the local sheep running for cover.
Developed over two years with the help of real-world Islander pilots and operators, this exciting simulated version is a full-featured FSX release, including technologies such as cockpit self-shadowing, HDR bloom effects, and bump mapping and DX10 compatible external and internal visuals.
Whether you want to operate simulated inter-island transport, feeder airliner flights or just simply have fun in this all-purpose aircraft, the Islander is certain to put a smile on your face.
INCLUDES TWO FREE UK2000 AIRFIELD SCENERIES – BEMBRIDGE AND OLD SARUM Fly from the home airfield of Britten-Norman on the Isle of Wight and into one of the UKs best loved grass strips. These two delightful airfields are included as bonus scenery to start your Islander experience!