Canon Powershot SX260 HS Digital Camera - Red (12.1 MP, 20x Optical Zoom) 3.0 Inch LCD
Shipping Destinations for this item
Sorry, this product is currently unavailable.
Powerful, compact super-zoom with full HD movies and GPS
The PowerShot SX260 HS is slim and compact yet it boasts an impressive 20x optical zoom. Packed with Canon features to help you capture great shots, and benefitting from low energy consumption GPS for tagging your images, the PowerShot SX260 HS is the ultimate camera for adventurous travel-lovers. Canon’s HS System and Intelligent IS help ensure your images are sharp, clear and vibrant whatever the light conditions, whilst full HD movies allow you to capture all the action in perfect detail.
- 25 mm wide-angle lens with 20x optical zoom, extending to 39x with ZoomPlus
- Optical Image Stabilizer with Intelligent IS
- 12.1 megapixel high-sensitivity CMOS sensor
- Canon’s HS System, featuring a DIGIC 5 processor for excellent low-light performance
- Low energy consumption GPS for tagging your shots and logging your journey
- Advanced full HD movies (1080p) and HDMI-CEC
- Large 7.5 cm (3.0”) PureColor II G LCD screen (460k dots)
- Smart Auto with Advanced Scene Detection for great results in 58 different situations
- Face ID can recognise and prioritise your family and friends
- Manual, AV and TV modes for full creative control
- High-speed shooting functions including High-speed Burst HQ, Super Slow Motion Movie and Handheld Night Scene
- Movie Digest records 4 seconds before each shot to create a bonus movie
High-end super-zoom in a compact body
The PowerShot SX260 HS benefits from Canon’s class-leading lens technology. The slim, compact body boasts a 25 mm wide-angle lens with an impressive 20x optical zoom. This provides outstanding telephoto reach and therefore gives you increased flexibility when framing your shot. At 25 mm, the lens allows you to fit more in the frame, which is perfect for group shots. However, when extended to its maximum range, the 20x optical zoom ensures you capture all the detail, even when photographing distant subjects.
In addition to the optical zoom, the PowerShot SX260 HS also features Canon’s advanced digital zoom technology, ZoomPlus. This extends the camera’s overall zoom range to 39x, without losing sharpness and detail in the image as a conventional digital zoom would.
Incredibly sharp images whatever the situation
The PowerShot SX260 HS also benefits from Canon’s Intelligent IS technology. Whether you’re shooting stills or movies, Intelligent IS automatically identifies the shooting situation and then selects the most appropriate type of optical image stabilization from 7 modes. For example, when capturing a close-up of a flower the camera will automatically select Macro IS with Hybrid IS technology, but then it will automatically switch to Powered IS when filming distant subjects with the zoom. This allows you to focus on framing the image you want, safe in the knowledge that the camera is working to eliminate as much camera shake as possible, even if you need to move with your scene.
Capture the scene exactly as you see it with Canon’s HS System
The power of Canon’s HS System comes from the combination of the 12.1 megapixel high-sensitivity CMOS sensor and Canon’s advanced DIGIC 5 processor. The HS System gives incredibly high image quality in all light conditions and enables the camera to capture a wider dynamic range, reducing over-exposure of highlighted areas and loss of detail in the shadows. This means that you can preserve your memories in perfect detail, whether in stills or video.