A smash hit from the moment of its 2000 debut, CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION has continued to remain one of the most popular, innovative, and critically acclaimed crime dramas in television history. Created by Anthony Zuiker and executive produced by movie maven Jerry Bruckheimer, the thrilling series centres on the Las Vegas Police Departments night-shift forensics unit, which utilises cutting-edge technology to solve the often grisly crimes of a glamorous city whose constant influx of visitors makes it rife with criminal elements. Quickwitted detective Gil Grissom (William Petersen) leads the highly-skilled investigative team that includes his single-mother partner, Catherine Willows (Marg Helgenberger); hair and fiber expert, Nick Stokes (George Eads); former gambling addict, Warrick Brown (Gary Dourdan); and fresh-faced newbie, Sara Sidle (Jorja Fox) with the help of tough-as-nails police captain, Jim Brass (Paul Guilfoyle) and efficient lab coroner Dr. Al Robbins (Robert David Hall). Heavy on science, creative camerawork, and uncomfortably graphic depictions of violence, CSI is revered by fans and critics alike for its consistently gripping and well-written storylines, often inspired by real-life cases.
This box set contains the first half of episodes from Season 5.
1. Viva Las Vegas
2. Down The Drain
4. Crow's Nest
5. Swap Meet
6. What's Eating Gilbert Grissom?
9. Mea Culpa
10. No Humans Involved
11. Who Shot Sherlock?
- Audio commentary on the 'Viva Las Vegas' episode from Danny Cannon and
- Audio commentary on the 'Down The Drain' episode from Ken Fink and Naren
- Audio commentary on the 'Formalities' episode from Dustin Lee Abraham and
- Audio commentary on the 'Who Shot Sherlock?' episode from Rich Catalani,
Ken Fink and David Rambo
- Audio commentary on the 'Snakes' episode from Richard J. Lewis, Dustin Lee
Abraham and George Eads
- 'The Research Of C.S.I. - Maintaining The Accuracy' featurette (10 mins)
Release Date: 24 April 2006
Certificate: 15 - Suitable for Persons Aged 15 or Over
Screen Widescreen 16:9 Anamorphic
Languages English - Dolby Digital (5.1)
Subtitles English for the hearing impaired
Duration 8 hours and 24 minutes (approx)