Wilkinet Baby Carrier Black Twill
Shipping Destinations for this item
Sorry, this product is currently unavailable.
The Wilkinet Baby Carrier was designed by Sally Wilkins when necessity became the mother of invention. The Wilkinet gently cocoons a 5lb newborn baby yet is strong enough to carry a chunky toddler.
- is good for the baby - weight carried on the thighs and buttocks instead of the perineum;
- is good for the parent - the shoulder straps only stop the baby falling forward and all the weight is transferred directly to the pelvis, while, providing the waist straps are fitted low enough, it also acts as a sacro-iliac belt, helping to stabilise the sacro-iliac joints (especially important for a nursing mother, whose ligaments will tend to be lax);
- has NO moving parts - an engineering tour-de-force. (I was an engineer before I became an osteopath) That means guaranteed 100% reliability with NO maintenance!
It is extremely versatile, the newborn can be snuggled up against your body, the three-month plus baby can face outwards, and the heavier or older baby can be worn on your hip, or back.
- The Wilkinet holds your baby onto and against your upper body.
- The Wilkinet works like a wraparound shawl but without the parent being engulfed in wide bands of cloth.
- Wide well-padded shoulder straps and
unique wraparound method of tying.
Ensures evenly distributed weight with no dragging on your neck, shoulders or back.
- Cushioned head, back and leg support
for your baby.
In the early weeks when you carry your baby facing in on the front the Wilkinet will cuddle your new baby snugly and firmly, supporting under its bottom and thighs, and providing support for his/her back and head as if being held in your arms.
- No rings, zips, clips or buckles.
Nothing to break and render your Wilkinet useless (one happy user reported using the Wilkinet for herself, friends and family for 10 babies over 12 years!).
The Wilkinet Baby Carrier is available in a high quality twill weave cloth