Shipping Destinations for this item
Sorry, this product is currently unavailable.
John Simm stars as Sam Tyler, a driven and ambitious young detective,
determined to keep the streets of 21st Century Manchester safe. But after a near
fatal car accident, he wakes up, dazed and confused, in 1973. Has he gone back
in time? Is he in a coma? Or has he simply gone insane?
What follows is Sam's 21st century account of 1970s life, where he feels like a fish out of water. He must come to terms with an unfamiliar environment and an archaic CID unit. There, using his modern know-how, he becomes integral to the unit. But he must adapt to their old-fashioned technologies and etiquettes.
Sam works on some of the hardest cases he's ever been involved with. It's a world where witnesses are regularly intimidated, it takes two weeks to process forensics, and his colleagues will nail their suspect whether they have the evidence or not...
Created and written by Matthew Graham, Tony Jordan and Ashley Pharoah (who all worked on Hustle), directed by Bharat Nalluri (Spooks, Hustle), John McKay (Canterbury Tales), John Alexander (Cutting It) and SJ Clarkson (Footballers' Wives).
- Audio commentary on each and every episode!
- 'Take A Look At The Lawman': an exclusive documentary shot especially for this DVD release featuring cast interviews, behind the scenes footage and more! (60 mins)
- 'Making The 70s Come Alive': an interview with production designer Brian Sykes (30 mins)
- Interview with music composer Edward Butt (30 mins)
- Two Easter Eggs (hidden features)
Main Language: English