Created by successful television producer J.J. Abrams (FELICITY, ALIAS), LOST became one of the most popular and critically acclaimed programs of the 2004-2005 season. Utilising a ripe premise and well-drawn and acted characters, LOST attracted a huge following and was proclaimed the saving grace of a television year otherwise marred by derivative reality programming. The story concerns the survivors of a terrible plane crash, who find themselves stranded on a tropical island with seemingly little chance of a rescue. Medical doctor Jack takes a position of leadership, helping to rally the survivors and prepare them for a period of difficulty as they learn how to survive on the paradisiacal island. But everything is not as it seems, as the island offers potential danger in the form of a large, mysterious creature, and evidence is found that the plane crash may not have been an accident. As they struggle to survive, each of the characters forms alliances and makes enemies, all while dealing with the unresolved issues of the lives they've left behind. LOST distills the difficulties of society down to their essence, exploring these problems with compelling characters and with a setting that's equal parts paradise and mystery.
This DVD contains the full first season.
- Deleted scenes
- 'The Essential Lost' featurette
- 'The Genesis Of Lost' featurette
- 'Designing A Disaster' featurette
- 'Before They Were Lost' featurette
- Audition tapes
- Welcome To Oahu: The Making Of The Pilot' featurette
- 'The Art Of Matthew Fox' featurette
- 'Lost' at Comicon
- 'Lost' on location
- 'On Set With Jimmy Kimmel': the American comedian & chat show host goes behind the scenes and meets members of the cast and crew
- 'Backstage With Driveshaft'
- Live from the Museum of Television and Radio
- Easter Eggs
Release Date: 16 January 2006
Certificate: 15 - Suitable for Persons Aged 15 or Over
Aspect Ratio: 1.78 Wide Screen
Sound: Dolby Digital 5.1\Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround
Running Time: 999 minutes
Main Language: English
Hearing Impaired Languages: English