The spirit of the 1960s jazz avant-garde is alive in the 21st century in the music of the Naked Future. The four members of the instrumental group channel the likes Albert Ayler, Ornette Coleman, and Cecil Taylor on GIGANTOMACHIA, creating a swirling vortex of drums, piano, bass, and reeds that send jagged, fractured blasts of sound through the listener's ears. While the angular intensity of GIGANTOMACHIA isn't for everyone, there's a thrilling chemistry to the group interplay that should appeal to fans of strident outside jazz.
Release Date: 15 June 2009
1. We Binge On a Bloodthirsty God
2. We Boil the Raven'S Skull Into Gold
3. We Engage the Monstrous With Our Mirrors
4. We Fly Beneath and Above the Flux
5. We Sleep In a Rabbit Hole