Rome Total War Gold Edition (DVD ROM) (PC)
Shipping Destinations for this item
Sorry, this product is currently unavailable.
Rome: Total War Gold Edition brings together the multi awarding winning Rome: Total War and it’s critically acclaimed official expansion, Barbarian Invasion. Available in one great value offering, this is the perfect opportunity for armchair Generals to conquer and control the greatest empire ever known by man.
Rome: Total War for the PC, is the next game to be released in the Total War series and the follow-up title to The Creative Assemblies Medieval: Total War. Players return to the golden age of antiquity to take command of the most fearsome armies in a bid to rewrite the annals of history and be proclaimed supreme commander of the Roman Army.
The player controls mighty armies of up to 10,000 fully polygonal, highly detailed, motion-captured warriors clashing in panoramic real-time battles. Players can fight as, or against ancient histories most legendary generals including Julius Caesar, Hannibal and the rebel Spartacus.
At players disposal will be hundreds of different troops including legionaries, hoplites, barbarian hordes, war elephants, gladiators and scythe chariots to colossal war machines such as siege towers, battering rams and catapults hurling flaming missiles. Additionally, more than 10,000 unique battlefields based on the topography of Europe and North Africa set the stage for the carnage. However, conflict is not the only way to gain favour with the senate and people of Rome; politics, diplomacy and the gladiatorial games will play key roles in the players quest to be declared Imperator.Rome: Total War: Barbarian Invasion commences just after the last Emperor of a unified Rome has died. His successors in Rome and Constantinople are now uneasy allies and rivals for power. The barbarians are massing along the borders, and in some cases are living inside what used to be Roman territory.
Two hundred years have now passed since the main campaign in Rome: Total War. Players can now control vast armies and over 100 new units as they battle across an updated European map that now reflects the historical changes since Rome: Total War. Tear Rome apart by leading hordes of barbarians or stand and defend the Empire as a leader of one of the two former Rome's, the Western and Eastern Empires.
- Newly designed campaign map; this reflects 200 years of change and turmoil to conquer new lands and new region boundaries.
- Updated gameplay featuring the Hordes, Character Loyalty, and Roman Civil wars. Barbarians can also relocate to a new land after losing their last settlement, otherwise known as the "Barbarian Migration."
- 10 new playable factions; expanded barbarian tech tree, 85 new units, 21 new buildings, ancillary characters, vices and virtues, military commands, holy relics and much more!
- Night battles – Hugely atmospheric battles and combat effects with added tactical challenges.
- Improved battle AI and tactics - Individual faction fighting styles, swimming units across rivers and various new tactics.
- Epic Cinematic Battles – Revolutionary new technology allows for battles between colossal armies of over 10,000 superbly detailed warriors in one battle, all in 3D.
- Command Massive Armies – A dozen playable nations each with unique units including Roman Legions, Greek phalanxes, Barbarian hordes, Egyptian Chariots and Carthaginian War Elephants.
- Build an Empire – Construct vast cities, train mighty armies, outwit your enemies with diplomacy and subterfuge and plan your conquests on the all-new 3d campaign map. Then when armies clash zoom down to the action of the real time battles. Smart advisors and one click automanagement lets every gamer play how they want, from controlling every detail to pure battle action.
- Storm the Walls – Assault huge cities and monumental fortresses with devastating war machines. Walls collapse and men scatter under fire from catapults, battering rams and war elephants smash gates and siege towers and ladders take the fight to the battlements while the defenders rain down death from above with arrows from the walls, towers and boiling oil above the gates.
- Multi-Player – Take the war online against gamers across the world with eight player LAN and internet support, including new playable historical battles.
Rome: Total War requires the following minimum computer specifications:
- English version of Microsoft Windows 98SE/ME/2000/XP
- Pentium III 1.0GHz (1000MHz) or Athlon 1.0GHz (1000MHz) processor or higher
- 256MB RAM
- 2x Speed DVD-ROM drive (1200KB/sec sustained transfer rate) and latest drivers
- 300MB of uncompressed free hard disk space
- 100% DirectX 9.0b compatible 16-bit sound card and latest drivers
- 100% Windows 98SE/ME/2000/XP compatible mouse, keyboard and latest drivers
- DirectX 9.0b 3D hardware Accelerator Card Required - 100% DirectX
9.0b compatible 64MB Hardware Accelerated video card and the latest
- ATI Radeon 7200
- ATI Radeon 8500
- ATI Radeon 9000
- ATI Radeon 9500
- ATI Radeon 9600
- ATI Radeon 9700
- ATI Radeon 9800
- All Nvidia GeForce 2 and higher
Important Note: *Some 3D accelerator cards with the chipsets listed here may not be compatible with the 3D acceleration features utilized by Rome: Total War. Please refer to your hardware manufacturer for 100% DirectX 9.0b compatibility