Shiva Rea - Yoga Shakti
Shipping Destinations for this item
Sorry, this product is currently unavailable.
Our breath- or prana shakti- unites all aspects of ourselves: body, mind,
emotions, and spirit. This life-giving force becomes the focus of vinyasa or
flow yoga, an evolving form of traditional hatha yoga that integrates breath
with movement.... fluidity with alignment.... strength with flexibility...
practice with daily life. Created by yogis for yoga practitioners, Yoga Shakti
takes you around the globe to the breath-taking shores of the Maldives' Cocoa
Island and Kerala, India with world-renowned teacher Shiva Rea. Using cutting-
edge DVD technology, here Shiva presents the first instructional DVD that guides
you in creating your own, personalized home vinyasa yoga practice that
progresses with you. Simply select the appropriate practices for your needs from
an easy-to-use "Yoga matrix menu" - then press "play" to enjoy. With both the
experienced beginner and the intermediate practitioner in mind, Shiva also
includes a complete list of suggested practices, ranging from five-minute
"tune-ups" to extended 90 minute yoga immersions. Now, you can safely take your
practice to the very edge and effectively move to the next level at your own
pace with this energizing exploration into the depths of Yoga Shakti.
Highlights of Yoga Shakti
- Yoga matrix menu with 30 vinyasa sequences from a full spectrum of yoga practice (3.5 hours)
- Four different pre-set guided practices from basic (30 min.), to Solar
Flow I (90 min), Solar Flow II (90 min.), and Lunar Flow (45 min).
- Tutorial instruction in the techniques of vinyasa flow yoga
- Nine styles of sun salutations to choose from, from classical to Shiva's
innovative "Dancing Warrior" to the rejuvenating lunar salutations
- Strengthening poses including core abdominals, shoulder openers, and a progressive approach to handstand and elbow stand
- A complete set of preparation postures for backbends, with three backbend flows from basic to intermediate
- Five movement meditation including kriyas (energetic rhythmic movement) and prana yoga (fluid, free-form yoga).
- Seated meditation, pranayama, shoulder stand, and healing shavasana
- Interview with Shiva Rea and celebrated yoga teachers including Angela Farmer, John Friend, and Jai Uttal, and much more.
Shiva Rea teaches vinyasa flow worldwide. Her studies in the Krishnamacharya lineage, tantra, ayurveda, and art infuse her approach to living yoga. As a global adventurer, she has led over 60 retreats in Asia, Africa, and the Caribbean. She is a well-known contributor to Yoga Journal, and lives with her family in Los Angeles where she teaches at Sacred Movement, Exhale, and UCLA.