The Skyhawk 172RM
Flight1 Software in cooperation with their sister company Flight1 Aviation Technologies, Inc. has announced the release of its latest product, the Cessna Skyhawk 172R.
The Flight1 Skyhawk 172R captures the spirit and feel of this famous and popular high wing, single engine aircraft. Features include a photo realistic 2D panel, 3D aircraft model, exceptionally clear virtual cockpit, new sounds, and flight dynamics that have been developed using the real performance tables.
Flight1's Skyhawk 172R continues the tradition and commitment in offering you the highest level of product realism and integration for Microsoft's Flight Simulator 2004.
Fly One of the Most Popular Aircraft of all Time!
The Cessna 172 Skyhawk is one of the most popular general aviation aircraft ever created. Tracing its roots back to the original production lineage of the late 1950's, the 172 Skyhawk has undergone many changes.
When the Cessna single engine facility re-emerged in July of 1996, the 172R Skyhawk was reborn. New features included a fuel injected Textron Lycoming IO-360-L2A engine with dual engine driven vacuum pumps, epoxy corrosion proofing, stainless steel control cables, thicker windows and new acoustic soundproofing. Cessna claims the 172R is significantly quieter than the O-320 it replaced, and it can produce its maximum power at just 2400rpm.
* GMAX Aircraft Model --Designed in GMAX with exceptional detail. All control surfaces are fully animated, including the cabin door and cargo compartments.
* Beautiful 2D-Panel --The 2D-Panel uses high definition technology for unmatched clarity and detail. The unique main panel perspective gives you the feeling of being in the real cockpit. The panel and subpanels can easily be accessed with the included "Panel Manager" which allows you to move around the cockpit with just a few mouse-clicks.
* Clickable Virtual Cockpit --The virtual cockpit of the 172R includes incredible detail with full working gauges, switches, and moving parts. This cockpit sets a new milestone in terms of clarity for a virtual cockpit, allowing you to get the full experience of what its like to fly this beautiful aircraft.
* Highly Accurate Flight Model --The flight model has been carefully developed right from actual performance tables.
* Authentic Sounds by "MeatWater" -- The sound package is digitally recorded from an actual Skyhawk 172R, by "MeatWater" Sounds.
* Skyhawk 172R Tutorial Flight -- The tutorial flight will challenge your flying skills and will require you to perform various maneuvers to a given set of tolerances.
Release Date: 01 June 2010