Astron64 Solar Security Light
Shipping Destinations for this item
Sorry, this product is currently unavailable.
How does it work?
During the day the Astron64 Solar Security Light's 2.5 watt solar panel charges its internal 2500mAh Lithium Ion battery giving it the power it needs to light after dark.
After dark the Astron64 will activate as soon as it detects motion. The time the Astron64 stays lit for is adjustable from 5 seconds to 1 minute. At dawn the Astron64 stops activating and starts charging again ready for the night ahead.
How do I install it?
Find the best location for your solar panel within 5 metres of where you plan to have the floodlight. The location needs to be as south facing as possible and free from light obstructions such as buildings, trees, fences, bushes or the shadows that these create.
1. Connect the u-shaped solar panel mounts to the solar panel
2. Position solar panel in desired location and mark holes in u-mounts
3. Drill holes, apply screw plugs and screw panel into place
4. Remove bracket from light and position in desired location
5. Mark holes in bracket, drill holes and insert screw plugs
6. Screw bracket into place and reconnect light to it
7. Position PIR motion sensor and mark holes using supplied template
8. Drill holes and screw PIR motion sensor into place
9. Connect PIR cable to light
10. Connect solar panel cable to light and turn on
What is a ‘remote motion sensor’?
Many customers have asked us to make a solar security light that has a separate PIR motion sensor rather than a PIR attached to the light head. A remote motion sensor gives much greater freedom when setting up your lighting and detection areas. The Astron motion sensor comes with 20cm of cable which enables it to be neatly mounted close to the light. Also in the box is a 1m extension cable so you can locate the PIR motion sensor up to 1.2m away from the light unit should you wish.
How waterproof is it?
The Astron64 Solar Security Light is IP56 rated.
Waterproofing is rated by the IP (International Protection) system which consists of the letters IP followed by two digits. The first digit after IP ranks a products protection against solid objects. The second digit after the IP rates a products ability to protect against liquids.
The Astron Solar Floodlight is IP56 rated making it our most waterproof light yet. IP56 means the Astron is protected against dust - limited ingress (no harmful deposit) and protected against strong jets of water e.g. for use on shipdecks - limited ingress permitted.
- 1 x Astron64 Solar Security Light
- 1 x PIR motion detector (20cm of cable attached)
- 1 x 1m PIR motion sensor extension cable
- 1 x 2.5 Watt Solar Panel
- 5m of cable attached to solar panel
- 2 x Solar panel u-mounts
- Fittings for solar panel, light and PIR motion sensor