On the 30th December, 1978, with Britain suffering its worst snowfalls for 15 years, Ron Atkinson's West Bromwich Albion travelled to Old Trafford to face the mighty Manchester United . The game that followed is remembered as one of the greatest ever, with both sides attacking at will and scoring for fun. 32 years on it is still referred to by both sets of supporters as the 5-3 game. Albion's side contained the future United and England captain, Bryan Robson, the affectionately titled 'Three Degrees' of Cyrille Regis, Brendan Batson and Laurie Cunningham, plus goal-scoring legend Tony Brown. Robson, Regis, Brown, Len Cantello and Big Ron look back on the highlights of the game that defined the Albion side of that era. A side agonisingly close to claiming the league title that season, had the bad weather not intervened.
1) Highlights from Albion v United matches down the years including the 4-0 thrashing in 1980, the point that enabled the Great Escape in 2005 and the astonishing comeback at Old Trafford in 2010 that made everyone take note;
2) 5-3 Bitesize - the goals to watch again and again;
3) The Three Degrees - profile of Albion famous trio of Batson,Cunningham and Regis;
4) Breakdown of the 1978/79 season;
5) Pen Pictures of that glorious team.
Release Date: 27 December 2010
Certificate: E - Exempt from Certification