Unreal Tournament 2004 (PC)
Shipping Destinations for this item
Sorry, this product is currently unavailable.
Unreal Tournament 2004 is the next evolution of the first-person action game.
The addition of new modes, mods and maps as well as the controllable land, air
and space-based vehicles, means Unreal fans are getting an entirely new
experience featuring devastating vehicular combat and wide-scale warfare.
The much heralded single-player oriented game type returns with all-out battles with land, space and air-based vehicles on the home worlds of various Unreal Tournament 2004 combatants. In one scenario, players will experience the adrenaline rush of space-based battle while attacking or defending a Skaarj mother ship. Another scenario takes place on Xan Kriegor's mechanical home world where players attack or defend a robot construction factory. There are plans for six assault scenarios in the game.
Unreal Tournament 2004 has a new multi-player-oriented combat game on custom-built large-scale maps, featuring awesome new weapons and land and air based vehicles. From the lethal bomber to the nefarious spider mines--players will work as teams to control map points and win the conflict. There are plans for the game to include nine onslaught maps.
The game will include 20 never-before-seen maps for the existing game types, featuring tons of new textures, new static meshes and new music. It's a field day for mod makers! Also included are new maps from Digital Extremes designed specifically to appeal to
- In total, Unreal Tournament 2004 will ship with more never-before-seen maps than the entire number of maps that shipped with Unreal Tournament 2003
- A completely redesigned user interface (UI) will be easier to navigate and support context-sensitive menus, an in-game login menu (to improve team balancing) and an improved server browser with enhanced server filtering options. The underlying user interface system has been reengineered to be easier for Mod authors to build menus and implement their own UI designs.
- Tons of cool gameplay tweaks and refinements including unique crosshairs for each weapon, the ability to carry dual Assault Rifles, improved computer-controlled 'Bot' team coordination and movement.
- A variety of land-, space- and air-based vehicles, including buggies, tanks, hovercraft and aircraft, and more...
- A completely redesigned fan-favorite 'Assault' mode; gamers will be challenged to attack or defend bases; most Assault maps will require the use of vehicles as a critical gameplay element
- An all new 'Onslaught' mode will pit opposing teams of gamers against each other across massive terrain maps in a challenge to capture and hold key points. Vehicles will play a major role as flying and driving machines transport combatants to the 'front' and serve as mobile platforms to launch devastating attacks
- Epic's Unreal Engine technology; the game features the most beautiful and detailed game world ever seen on a PC; indoor and outdoor environments are rendered in exquisite detail and crammed with volumetrically lit particle systems
- The Karma Physics engine providing for in-game physics that simulates true-to-life character movement and environmental interaction
Windows 98, Me, 2000, XP
5.5GB hard drive space
Windows-compatible video card
Windows-compatible sound card (Dolby Digital Interactive Content Encoder required for Dolby Digital audio)
Internet connection at 33.6 Kbps